Thursday, October 12, 2006



Made it through the first day at work. Broke down a couple of times in the bathroom. I've lost control of it all.

I made it home though. In the elevator...all I could see what Chiefy on his leash...eager to get out so he can take care of business outside. Getting off of the elevator and walking down the hall to my door...I can see him running alongside me eager to go home after a long walk to drink water. I got to my door...and I just stood there....staring at the door to my home. I knew....there was no ears tucked behind....no tail wagging...no white-fur-all-over-black-pants...nothing...behind that door. And for the first time in 14 years, I came to what I call home...with no one waiting behind it. I couldn't go in. I couldn't bear to look at the empty space that use to be his bed. I couldn't look at the empty space on hook-rack that his leash use to occupy. I couldn't believe all of this could disappear so quickly.

I miss him so...so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home